Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 8


Today I taxied a Piper Cherokee 140B without incident across a pasture full of prairie dog holes.

I can mark that up on my list of life-time accomplishments.

Pictures soon.


Also, we took our final exam for Ground Operations.
To future students, hopefully you're using the Jeppesen textbooks and study guides.




They seem to be pretty well-written study guides, but they do have their problems. Jeppesen needs to hire an A&P mechanic with an English degree to proofread everything for them, remove any redundancies, and help them with some wording here and there...

Also, hopefully, your instructor was using questions from the study guide for the exams.


I made a 92 on the final exam. While some people would be elated with this, I know I should've, and could've made a 100.

Remember, kids-- the hazard area behind an idling turbine engine is 100 feet (not 200), and hold line markers are painted white and red (not yellow and red).

I'm pretty confident that I got an A in Ground Operations. I had better, anyway. I don't intend to get any B grades.The only portion which concerns me even the slightest is the math portion, but I have a feeling I will be able to handle it much better than any other math courses I've had in the past for one reason: Motivation.



No comments:

Post a Comment