Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 27

Today we did some worksheets and talked to a guy from Southwest Airlines.

Until now, I was pretty sure that I didn't necessarily want to work for an airline.

But the more time I spend talking to people, the more I realize that this is where all of the money is.

I like the idea of working in General Aviation. To me, that seems to get to the heart and soul of what being an aircraft mechanic would be all about. In the airline industry, one can get paid a lot more, but with a lot more stress and the nonsensical crappery of seniority and shift work.

Plus an individual has to be willing to move around quite a bit in order to even get started with an airline.

But, then again, I like to travel. What an opportunity that would be.

I'm pretty sure I don't want to work assembly. That's not really my speed. I would be selling myself short, to be honest, and I've been doing that my whole life.

I don't want to do that anymore.

I guess I'll see what the future holds, but it was indeed great to talk to someone who had started as an A&P student and worked up to management within a company as illustrious and apparently great to work for as Southwest.

Hell. I'll just be happy to get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment